Saturday, March 10, 2012

What condition of cars can I expect for this price?

Hi there,



I am shopping for a used car, and would like to buy a car outright for around $5000-$6000.



Here is a list of the vehicles that I am interested in:

- 3rd generation Toyota 4runner

- 2003+ Ford Crown Victoria / Mercury Grand Marquis

- Ford Ranger

- GMC Yukon 2 door



What condition should I expect for this price range?What condition of cars can I expect for this price?
Used car prices are high this summer, because there is still a shortage of new cars that use parts from Japan. The Japanese factories shut down after the earthquakes and tsunami and resulting nuclear power plants disasters and still haven't recovered to full production.



If you want to find out what a used car will cost in today's market, I'd suggest you do some homework by checking out the cars you want to buy on the Kelley Blue Book or NADA used car value web sites.



http://www.kbb.com

http://www.nada.comWhat condition of cars can I expect for this price?
You might find a 15-year old car/truck in that price range that has about 100K miles and is still in pretty good shape. I bought a Chevy Tahoe last fall for $5,500 that had 90K miles and was immaculate. The only thing wrong with it was the alarm system that locked out the ignition one too many times before I had it extracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment