Saturday, March 10, 2012

IS it worth it to purchase a new ford fusion or used ford crown victoria?

I am currently 17 and i have $10,000. I am looking forward in purchasing a car. I can either buy a used 06-09 Ford Crown Victoria P71, 100,000+ miles; and pay it in full or I can finance a new Ford Fusion Hybrid. Since i am going to college, i would rather get a used car and save the rest for later. The thing i am most concerned about is the reliability of both vehicles and the cost to maintain the vehicles. I know the P71 only has 12MPG and the ford fusion has about 39MPG. I drive at least 20 miles a day, so if i did purchase a P71, how often will i have to fuel up? (combination of Highway and city, no heater or A/C on, and a window crack). If i purchase the Fusion Hybrid, how often will i have to fuel up? I am most concerned about the reliability and the cost to maintain the vehicles. Fueling up isn't a problem unless i have to fuel up everyday or every 2 days. I make $700 a month.

I know that you cannot finance a vehicle under the age of 18. If i do finance a fusion hybrid, it will be under my parent's name.IS it worth it to purchase a new ford fusion or used ford crown victoria?
I would choose the crown vic. As far as style or features, its inferior but they are very cheap to fix because of the enormous parts network, and they are pretty reliable. Also, it is generally reliable from my understanding. Financing a Ford Fusion would be a burden that you would have to keep paying for years, and its' about $18,000 more, and thats not even including tax or options. The Fusion also isn't as large. The Crown Victoria is a good, solid, dependable car that will serve it's basic function [driving] for just about as long as you need it to, and if something should go wrong, it'll be cheap and easy to fix. From what you've said are your requirements of a car, it makes sense to buy it. Good Luck!IS it worth it to purchase a new ford fusion or used ford crown victoria?
I suggest you buy a used car but the Ford Crown Victoria is not good for a college student. You would be better off with a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle The car will have to be purchased by your parents as a minor can not enter into a legal contract until they reach 18. Good LuckIS it worth it to purchase a new ford fusion or used ford crown victoria?
I know the P71 only has 12MPG

--



?



Never seen them get that low...but, if you drive five minutes and about three blocks to work, it could happen.



I'd be more worried about carrying full coverage on a Fusion that is financed over a paid in full Crown Vic (liability is enough) than fueling up.



While I have nothing against newer Panther cars, per se, I'd prefer a 96-97 model. Heavier duty everything. I think the newer Vics have trans issues to some extent, but I'd take them over ANYTHING with a sideways engine and hybrid gear stuffed under the hood as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment